Thursday, January 10, 2013

Recipe for Cinnamon-Apple Cake

      I didn't realize that Ziplist was a wordpress only tool. I was so excited to use it on my blog! So, I'm going to see if I can copy and paste here. Bear with me! Looks like it worked! The only changes I made was I used what I had on hand, and that was regular cream cheese and Honey Crisp apples. I can't wait to share more recipes! I hope this is not illegal! If it is, please someone let me know! Blessings from Bama! Roll Tide!!!!

                                           Cinnamon-Apple CakePhoto by: BECKY LUIGART-STAYNER

Cinnamon-Apple Cake

This 5-star cinnamon apple cake is one of our best-ever recipes and can be served as dessert or a breakfast coffee cake. The cream cheese in the batter gives the cake lots of moisture.
Cooking Light OCTOBER 1997
  • Yield: 12 servings

Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
  • 1/2 cup stick margarine, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 6 ounces block-style fat-free cream cheese, softened (about 3/4 cup)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 3 cups chopped peeled Rome apple (about 2 large)
  • Cooking spray

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.
Beat 1 1/2 cups sugar, margarine, vanilla, and cream cheese at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 4 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Combine 2 tablespoons cinnamon mixture and apple in a bowl, and stir apple mixture into batter. Pour batter into an 8-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan. Cool the cake completely on a wire rack, and cut using a serrated knife.
Note: You can also make this cake in a 9-inch square cake pan or a 9-inch springform pan; just reduce the cooking time by 5 minutes.




2 comments:

  1. Yea! The recipe already! Looks rich and yummy! Glen cannot have dairy so are you aware of a good substitution? Soon as we get that figured out...I'll be making this! He does love his sweets! Thanks so much for the recipe! Hugs, Cheeryshirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Shirley, I don't know of any since I don't have to cook that way! I have heard of soy margarine and such, but I don't know about the eggs. Too bad he can't have dairy!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Leave one, if you wish.