Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Fun, flies and Father's Day!

      That's what we have around here! I can't believe all the flies! I kill them, but just as soon as the door is open, more come in! I'm sitting here dodging them as I write this! Do ya'll have a lot of flies at your house? The back porch is full of them and they are on the door. That's how they come in. I really need to get a bug zapper!

      We had a lot of fun and food on Father's Day! We decided to bake a ham since we had one in the freezer. I made baked beans from soaked beans I soaked Friday night, then cooked in the sun oven Saturday. They were just plain pork and beans, so Sunday, I turned them into homestyle baked beans, and cooked them in the sun oven again! I really like using the sun oven! The summer sun cooks things really fast! That way the inside oven can be used for baking the ham, and the augratin potatoes. The potatoes sure did taste good! I also made a pasta salad and a chocolate cake, both from scratch. They were delicious! Saturday night I made Randy a flan! He loves flan and really liked the one I made. He would like the texture not to be as thick. That calls for another recipe! I like the one I made, but I will try again later. We have had a lot of celebrations this month, with the best one about to come! Actually, it's not really a celebration but a vacation! I can hardly wait to write my next post because I'll be sharing about our trip to the beach! We always take our camper to St. Andrews State Park in Panama City Beach, FL every summer, so I'm really looking forward to eating sea food! There goes my diet, if you want to call it that! I'm taking my VitaMix, but it's possible I may not use it. I plan on eating healthy, but I probably won't work out very much. The only exercise I'll be doing is walking, hopefully, a lot!

      The girls are here today with their Mom and are taking a nap, so I am able to write this now. They are so cute napping! Hope ya'll are having fun this summer! Stay cool! Talk to you soon! Blessings from Bama!

Love these day lilies, just wished my camera made better photos.

Such a lovely color!


I really like the colors on this day lily!

The photo makes this day lily look fake!

The honey bees are doing good!

I love this trail mix I made with ingredients I have on hand.

Butterfly bush flower and day lily.



Lulu during nap time!

Win during nap time.

Yas during nap time!







8 comments:

  1. Your lilys are so pretty. I wish I had more of them! Yes, I get flies in the house. Usually just one or two at a time but they drive me crazy buzzing around and not letting me swat them! Have a wonderful vacation! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! I never tire of looking at or photographing them! We had a great time!

      Delete
  2. Your photos looked beautiful to me! Great shots of your day lilies. Sounds like y'all had a great Fathers Day.... and lots of your good cooking. Have a wonderful vacation.... relax and have fun! Oh the flies... not so bad, just the occasional one every so often. But when the compost pail fills up and needs to be taken out, that's when we start being annoyed by the fruit flies..... like now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa, the new camera doesn't take as good of photos as the other but not too bad for a waterproof! Glad ya'll don't have so many flies, they are annoying! I haven't been bothered by fruit flies yet, but with the ripening nectarines, it won't be long before we are! We had a great time!

      Delete
  3. We use something called Fly Predators from ARBICO. They come in the mail and are in pods that hatch into these black little gnat things. You spread them around your property and manure pile. They really work! We have NO flies. They don't live long so you need to order 1 x month or so. Have a wonderful time on your vacation - walking and eating. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that sounds like something that we could use! I'll have to check into that, thanks! We had fun, eating!

      Delete
  4. That day lily is very beautiful. And I agree with you, kinda looks fake in that picture but I still adore it. Your kids looks sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Leave one, if you wish.