Thursday, September 12, 2013

Apple Cobbler and Crafts!

      I've been making apple cobblers and crafting this week! Does that surprise you? Oh, and I've decided that the house isn't going to finish itself and if I want painting done, I'll have to do it myself! I don't like painting! At least not that kind! I'm not that good at it and it shows! I splatter paint everywhere, and I get it on doorknobs! I also leave streaks so you can see the brush strokes. That really urks Randy! But I just don't know how to do it his way, even though he's shown me many times! My way will just have to do! There's too much to mention that I have to paint, so I'll just show ya'll when I finish it one day!

       I haven't had the girls yet, but Win and Riley will be here tomorrow. That's why I am writing tonight! Wow! The Fall season is approaching quickly! The angle of the sun seems to shift daily! And the days are getting shorter now, blah! Not enough time for Randy to mow and weed-eat when he gets home! Skylar does the big mowing and Randy does the trim work. That takes an enormous amount of his time, therefore he doesn't ever get to finish painting the outside of the house! We've been here seven years! Will it ever get done? If I could only do things over, it would be so different!

      The apple cobblers turned out so good! I didn't like all the breading, but Randy does so it's a keeper. It's called Lazy Man's Cobbler and that's why I like it! Now I want something pumpkin like pumpkin bread or cupcakes! I don't need the sugar, but maybe just one piece or one cupcake will satisfy! Can you ever eat just one piece? What are you craving for the Fall season? Foods, drinks, crafting? All of the above for me!  It's supposed to cool off here a little this weekend! That will be great since it's been hot and humid this week! Ya'll have a great weekend! Blessings from Bama!

I love this photos of us! We were at a different Mexican restaurant.

Checking for honey! We missed the nectar flow this year so there won't be any honey for us, sad!


Ran got these close-ups for me.


I love how he caught them in flight!

The apple cobblers after being taken out of the fridge. Delicious!

I felt like the owls needed a little something. What little girl doesn't like glitter?

Here they are with their glitter!

I also added some glitter wings!

I'm going to get some glitter letters to spell the girl's names across the top. The owls will then be hung on each girl's door to her room!

I finished Riley's onesie! I did it all without the help of Randy! He's a great artist, but I can do this!

8 comments:

  1. Yes, little girls do love glitter and nail polish and all the girly things! Good luck painting! We had a couple of really, really hot days but cooler here now. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! Thanks! Glad your days are finally getting cooler! September is usually as hot as August, here!

      Delete
  2. I love the owls with the glitter on them, it really makes them pop. The onesie is great. You did a good job with it! Love the pictures of the bees. Still want to get some...someday. The apple cobbler looks good. I haven't "really" cooked anything good lately :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky! Thank you so much! I'm starting to get in a cooking mood, now that the season is starting to change! Hope you get bees soon! The apple cobblers are delicious!

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean about the painting. I actually like to do it, just don't want to clean off and out the stuff so I can paint. I have had the paint for my kitchen for 5 months or so. Cobbler looks good. This has been a good apple year up here. We have been making applesauce. I still want to freeze some. The owls are cute too. Have fun with the girls. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacky! I was actually in a mood to paint today and it went a LOT faster! Amazing what a mood can do! The door looks good and I'm thankful I can move on to the other side! Thanks! Bye!

      Delete
  4. Your work is beautiful!! Loved the little elephant and oh-so-cute owls. Your cobbler looks good and similar to one we like here when I'm pressed for time and don't want to roll out a 'crust'. btw, I hate painting too.... much rather be sewing, gardening, heck even exercising than painting a room or trim. :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you Lisa! I don't think I've made cobbler any other way! Me too! Thanks! You too!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Leave one, if you wish.