Thursday, December 5, 2013

Time to Trim the Tree!

      If your into that sort of thing! Each year that passes, I seem to lose interest in decorating for Christmas. Glad the girls are getting older so they can 'help'! Randy got the tree together the day after Thanksgiving and the weather was much cooler then. 'Seemed' more like Christmas. Now, the weather is warm and humid, with overcast skies. Temps in the lower 70's. Doesn't 'seem' like Christmas! Or wait, this is the South; our Christmas season is always like this! Very rarely do we have cold weather at Christmas, much less snow. So how do I know what it 'seems' like at Christmas? I read lots of blogs! Does it 'seem' like Christmas where you live? It's coming on mighty fast! I'm ready! Cause after that, I'm sowing seeds! I can hardly wait!

      We've been kind of 'under the weather' this week, stomach bug. Yuck! So I've read lots of posts on Facebook. I entered a lot of giveaways, and following them on Facebook is part of the entry. Therefore, I have lots to read now. I never really kept up with Facebook until now, and I'm glad I am. I would miss a lot of giveaways and interesting information. Some I take with a 'grain of salt'. It's just so hard for me to believe that bread, namely gluten, can cause so many diseases! I think there's more to it than that! A lot of it is spiritual! A topic most are not informed about, especially if they don't read God's Word. Wouldn't it be nice if most of the people you know would spend a little time in His Word? I believe many lives, and bodies would be changed and healed! I rarely miss time in His Word, but when I do, I feel like crap! Thus the reason for so many sicknesses! Take some time today to read, study, and meditate on God's Word and see if you feel better! Also, don't forget to laugh! Laughter does the body good, like a medicine! (That's in the Word). I believe that 'bug' would have lasted even longer and made us feel even more sick, if we hadn't stayed in the Word!

      Hope ya'll are healthy and well! Enjoy the season with you family and loved ones! Do something special for a needy family if you can! I hope to be able to! Thanks for reading! Have a great week! Blessings from Bama!

The three stooges! Er, I mean great-nieces!

And Riley too!

The BEST SOUP I EVER MADE! Made with leftover turkey carcass. Skylar even liked it! He doesn't like soups!


Nice day for a ride. Layla is scared to ride it.

They were so 'in' to decorating the tree! I don't know what Layla is going to do with the toy spatula! She calls the place where Santa comes down, a fire hut! Lol!

My little angel!


Most of the ornaments are touching the floor!


      

8 comments:

  1. What fun to have the girls help decorate! I know what you mean about Christmas decorations. I just see all the work when it comes time to take it down. Your soup looks nice and "stocky" - rich with stock - maybe a new word... :) I love cooking down the turkey carcass! That is a very frugal tip. I've only lived here in Wisconsin, but sometimes we don't have a white Christmas either. This year we will. We had a good dumping of snow Tuesday night. It rained on top of the snow yesterday and today it is -4 as I type this. All that leads to - - winter driving hazards. Everyone seems to plow through it - literally. I just drive slow. Enjoy the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like that word, Jacky! Wow! I guess you get used to that kind of weather! Please drive safe!

      Delete
  2. I don't really like decorating the tree either but sure do enjoy looking at it after it is up. Always more fun if you have help! Glad your over your bug. That soup sure looks so good! Bitter cold here. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! Thanks! I just don't know how ya'll cope with the cold! Guess ya just get used to it! Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Aww such cute photos! Looks like you got some great decorating helpers there :) I wouldn't know how to act if it was in the 70s around Christmas time! Here in Missouri we always get cold in the winter. I like a good snow or two, but I want it to melt quickly haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They love to 'help'! I would actually like to see a white Christmas here! Snow is so pretty! Thanks for stopping by! Blessings!

      Delete
  4. The little munchins are adorable. I hope you all are feeling better soon. The flu is not fun. The turkey soup looks amazing and should help. Blessings to you and your family. xo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Leave one, if you wish.