Friday, November 7, 2014

Happy Friday!

      I just thought I'd pop in and say "Hi!" I am enjoying the cooler weather of 58 today! I have been outside a lot; and even wore shorts this morning as I sat in the rocking chair on the  front porch, for my daily Bible reading. I am getting a tan on my legs and arms while doing this! Who knew? The weather always warms up after a cool spell, then rains, as is predicted for next week. 

      I finished the Fall signs I was working on, and learned what Not to do next time I make them! Unless I watch a tutorial for decoupaging on wood, I'll just use a stencil! Lol! I hope to cut out some candy cane shapes from wood soon, but I'll just paint stripes on them. I hope that won't be hard! The stripes, I mean.

      I had some cloth bags purchased from Hobby Lobby that I was going to decorate for Halloween for the girls, but their Mom wanted them to use their plastic pumpkins instead. I stamped some images on the bags and will show you in the photos below. I think I'll make some; and stain them with tea before decorating them. I want them to have a 'vintage' look. I'm really excited about all the fun things I want to do! There are no shops around here in which to sell handmade crafts. Antique stores cost too much to rent a booth. I am praying about how to display these so others can see them and hopefully purchase things I make. That would really be fun! I know about Etsy, and I may have to go that route; but I'd rather not have to ship things. I may start sharing more on Facebook. If ya'll have any ideas, please let me know!

      I hope ya'll enjoy your beautiful weekend! Blessings from Bama!

Ya'll know how I like to make things myself instead of buying them. Here's a rusting solution for metal when you're trying to get that 'aged' look. Hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, and salt. It works!

These are jingle bells!

I have so, been enjoying my blue-cheese dressing this week! This is pasta salad. So yummy!

Looks better in the photo than in real life.

So many boo-boos on this!

A single cucumber on the voluntary cucumber vine that the cold got.

Bags stenciled with a doily and fabric paint I made with craft paint.

Winterlynn planted sunflower seeds in the pot a few months ago. The sunflowers are a sweet reminder of her.

An ephemera angel I stamped on. I don't like how it turned out, but this was the first one I did.

The angel turned out much better. Like the rusty bell?

This one turned out good too! Do you like the tag I made?

10 comments:

  1. Oh, my! You sure are ambitious! Good luck on selling your things. It is cold here and my outdoor work is done for this year! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! Thanks! Oh, that's so sad to hear that you outdoor work is done for the year! I have many more projects to do outside! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tips on rusting metal - my husband and I were literally just talking about this old wagon someone gave me - it has new screw and bolt on the handle - I want it to look rusty - so this was perfect. I was going to google how to do it - now I don't have to. I would try selling on the FB route. Maybe even make a business page - I manage 2 for my own business - social meida is the way. I have an Etsy account, but have only sold 1 thing, I don't like shipping either. Maybe you could organize a church bazar at your church and it wouldn't cost too much. Make it an "event" and people with come. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacky! Your welcome about the rusting process! Google it so you will know the exact amount to use. I like the idea of a business page on FB. You have some really good ideas, Jacky! Thank you for sharing! Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Hi Bama Girl! I take it you are not able to attend the birthday party? Still praying! How long has it been since you last saw them? How you must miss them! They are such sweet girls and LOVE their Auntie and Uncle! And Cousin!
    Like your stenciled bags! I, too, wonder how to sell my little "old-fashioned" crafts. Anxious to hear how you resolve it! I don't know how big your readership is, but you could consider a give-away for some things to be able to show the other things and create interest? Just-a-thought!
    Lovely little lonely cucumber from it's lonely vine! :)
    Enjoyed your pictures and the post! Hugs, Cheeryshirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheeryshirley! We got to go to the birthday party! Yay! All went well! The girls have really grown since I saw them in August! So hard to believe the baby is 2! I hope their Mom will think about how we love them and they love us!
      Thank you! I will let you know how it turns out! I will keep the giveaway in mind! Thank you Cheeryshirley! I appreciate you thoughts and prayers!

      Delete
  4. You always amaze me with all the different things you are up to! Your crafts are lovely and good luck with how you decide to market them. I have an Etsy account to sell some of our things from down-sizing our stuff and once you learn about the shipping, it's really no big deal. Etsy links to the USPS site and you can even create your own USPS account where shipping fees are discounted if handled online. I even order all my USPS flat rate shipping boxes/envelopes online now too. They are free. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Awe, thank you! I have been wondering about Etsy, and you have helped with this information! Thank you so much for sharing this with me! Blessings!

      Delete
  5. Your bags turned out so cute! What a pretty tag. Thank you for your secret technique to age metal, I never would have guessed! Do you have to leave the things soaking in it for long? I would love to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna! Thank you! I never would have guessed either, except for the vinegar; it's good for anything! I left it for a couple of days until it got the rusty look I was going for. It can be left for less time. Thanks for stopping by! Blessings!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Leave one, if you wish.