Thursday, April 30, 2015

More Exciting News on the Apple Sticks! (Trees)

      I was so amazed last week when I walked by one of the apple sticks and saw clusters of little apples! I kept on walking towards the other apple trees, and to my amazement, they all had apples! Hallelujah! I am in apple heaven! I'm praying they don't get bugs or some kind of disease. 

      I've been reading about how to improve my fruits and veggies through composting and using compost tea. As soon as I get that up and going, I'll start spraying the apple trees, as well as everything else we plan on consuming! I can also use it on non-edibles such as roses and flowers. Compost and the tea naturally gives plants, shrubs and trees, important minerals and nutrients. The tea sprayed on the leaves provides a natural deterrent to most pests. I can hardly wait to give it a try. Only problem: I don't have any compost! I actually had the composter advertised on Craigslist! It's not now! I cancelled that ad! Now I'm on a mission to make compost! It will still take several months even in the composter. So how am I going to spray everything with compost tea? I will order the ingredients to make it myself, of course. Here's the link: http://www.boogiebrew.net/brew-kit/ Watch some of the videos and you may be ordering it for your garden! There's so much about gardening and the soil, that I don't know about! You can watch this rather lengthy video that helps explain what's in the Boogie Brew. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTijkwQaPRI I really have benefitted from watching John Kohler. He is extemely enthusiastic about growing a garden! He has many videos but I've only watched a couple. I hope you take time and watch one yourself! I hope to be ordering some of this Boogie Brew soon. I would like to have the $99 package. But I'll have to convince Randy. I'll let ya'll know.

      I planted the potatoes in a potato tower. I hope they produce lots of potatoes! I learned this from watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhO1age_ykk Becky is awesome! I love watching her videos! I will also let you know how this goes. I hope the information I've shared with ya'll today will be of value to your gardening experience, as I hope it will be with mine.

      In other news, I haven't sold but one dozen eggs! No one on this road needs them. I guess they all have their own chickens. Neither have I sold any baked goods. I put up a sign like the Amish, stating what's for sale. Unfortunately, the wind keeps tearing it off and blowing it away. But, it has been up long enough that people passing could read it. I really didn't want to have to take my things somewhere to sell. Maybe I just won't bother with it for now. Sometimes I wished I lived in a bigger, more prosperous city. Then I might not have a problem selling. 

      There are so many beautiful irises and roses blooming now! If only we had smell-a-blog! You wouldn't believe how awesome some of the irises smell! It's amazing! Everything is so beautiful and green! Squash and bean plants are emerging, and the tomato plants seem to be doing good, in spite of the cooler temps and clouds. Today is warmer and sunny! I'm glad I got a post written since today is the last day of April! Thanks for reading! Blessings from Bama!

Yummy chocolate cake!

Showing off her choco lips!

I'm so thankful for a husband who can multi-task!

It seems I can never quite capture this bird! It's so beautiful!

My Amish sign, lol!

Smells like candy!

A pretty one.

The peonies have opened up since this photo. They're not as pretty since we've had so much rain.

The orange or salmon iris looks so much better than in this photo!

One of my favorites!

The photo doesn't do it justice! The smell is unbelievable!

I'm so happy to get the flowers I wanted for these pots! Geraniums and petunias.

The other side.

I wished you could see how this really looks!

More candy!

If you look closely, you will see blueberries!

A nice red rose.


Eighteen jars of strawberry jam!

10 comments:

  1. Your place is looking so pretty! So many lovely kinds of flowers all 'round. Striking bird even a little blurry. Good luck with your entrepreneurial ideas! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Thank you! I hope your weekend is lovely!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you haven't sold any bread - don't get discouraged! Maybe you could set up a "stand" at the end of your drive. When the girls are there, they would love it. And give out FREE bitesize samples of the bread...along with a coupon that says $1 off a loaf - or buy one loaf and your next is 1/2 off something to get customers on the hook. Just a thought. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea, Jacky! We might just have to give it a try! I'll have to plan it, since the girls will be here this weekend and I'm not prepared to set that up yet! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. Hi Felecia, That is great that your apple sticks have apples on them already!! Those Iris are so gorgeous. Beautiful jars of jam! Is it strawberry season there already? Ours is not until June. Hope you have better luck on selling your things. Do you have neighbors that like to barter? I finally have one neighbor that barters. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! Thank you! Yes, it's strawberry season here! I picked those at the u-pick farm! So far, I haven't found anyone who likes to barter. Except for the guy who raises bees. He and my hubs used to swap things out. We're not doing bees again. Blessings!

      Delete
  4. I like to watch John Kohler videos too! Have some other good ones I have saved to watch by others too! Good winter viewing! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John is so enthusiastic about gardening! I can hardly wait to see more of his videos! I like to watch other gardeners as well. There's so much good info out there. I'm trying new things this year to see what works for us. Every growing zone and every garden, for that matter, is different. Thanks for commenting! Blessings!

      Delete
  5. Your blooms are so pretty! I love irises and peonies, and can't wait til mine bloom too. Your jam looks so yummy! I think that is an indigo bunting? We had one here last year, they are gorgeous, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna! Thank you! I love this time of year! The jam is delicious! Yes, the Indigo's are gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Leave one, if you wish.