Friday, February 5, 2016

Toning and Trimming!

      In more ways than one! Our weather has been like Spring, lately! So naturally, I'm going to be outsided more. I can hardly resist the warm sun and cool breeze! Especially when the temps are close to 70! That's the kind of weather we had this past weekend until Tuesday. Then storms brought in a cold front and much cooler temps. We've had 40's and wind since then, but the sun made it bareable. I got blueberry and rose bushes planted finally! I've been waiting on the right weather for this since I've had them since this past summer. No way am I going to dig holes in the hot, humid weather if I can help it! It's such a nice feeling to have this done! I also trimmed a big rose bush in the front flower bed, way back. I hope I didn't go to far with it! I believe it will come back soon. These warm days will allow the green to force through. I hope your days have been sunny and warm!

      Speaking of trimming: I can tell my body is trimming down! That too is a great feeling! I have a long way to go, but thank God He is helping me stay on track! I attribute all my knowledge to Him because I believe He is showing me the right path to walk. It is a wonderful path! I am more happy than I ever have been! God is so good to us! Yes, there are mountains and valleys, but He is there. I just want to acknowlege Him in all my ways, so that He will direct my paths. God brought to my attention the other day a piece of equipment that we've had for a very long time. It is a Total Gym. Yes, it's the older version, but it does the same as the more modern version. I was so happy when I found out all that it does! I truly don't need to go to the gym! The only thing I want to do at the gym (Y), is tread water with my friend Liz. We are planning on doing that when the time is right. Since I don't have an inground pool, that would be impossible to do here.

      Back to the Total Gym: it is a gym in itself! I'm reading about all that it can do, and I have watched a few YouTube videos on how to work out on it. I combine it with bursts of cardio in between sets. Those bursts really boost your metabolism! That's what I want: to burn more in a shorter amount of time. Interal training is the way to burn more in less time and get the most bang for your buck. I received an interval timer and nice jump rope as an early Valentine's gift. I am really enjoying the timer! It works great! I plan on using the jump rope today. It is weighted, so it will stay on the ground more instead of bouncing all over the place.

      All of this working out wouldn't do much good if I wasn't following a healthy way of eating. I am enjoying the eating as much as the working out! Of course! Ya'll know I love food, and this new way of eating has me preparing all kinds of food! I'm really not limited in some ways. There is such flavor in the food I eat! I couldn't stand to eat bland food, just to lose weight! That's why it doesn't seem like a diet. It it simply a healthier way to enjoy the things I love. I am eating tons of veggies and even more meat than I'm used to eating. I was always afraid that meat would make me fat. Now I know it's not meat, but all the other junky food I ate instead. I would have been better off eating the meat and leaving off the empty calorie food I indulged in. Lesson learned. The meat I eat is chicken, fish, and turkey. I eat a scrambled turkey sausage sometimes for breakfast. I rarely eat red meat as it never has agreed with my tummy. The funny thing about the turkey scramble is I can put a couple of eggs in it now! I had gotten to where eggs nearly made me sick! I can eat them scrambled in the turkey sausage without experiencing that. Food combinations I guess. What I have stopped or nearly stopped eating is sugar and grains. Now, ya'll know I love my homemade bread. I still prepare and eat that, but not every week. Sugar is something I was already working on quitting. Grains, even whole grains spike the blood sugar, so I don't eat them. Only occasional serving of oatmeal pancakes is about the only grain I consume. I really don't miss them! I eat in such a way that I don't think about them anymore. I still do dairy, at least some dairy. The oatmeal pancakes have cottage cheese in them, and I use regular milk in recipes if I don't have almond or coconut milk. And I do eat an occasional piece of cheese. See, I don't deprive myself of the things I love! I believe if I did that, it would set me up for disaster! I even eat chocolate everyday! But it's the way I showed ya'll in the last post. Lately, I've been trying 100 percent chocolate melted with coconut oil and honey or maple syrup to sweeten. It's too bitter without sweetener!

      So there you have it! Ways I've been toning and trimming! I hope you enjoyed reading the blog! I have made changes in followers since some had already been deleted. I really want people to interact with this blog if they are going to read it. There were people following I've never heard of or from. I hope those reading now will let me know by leaving a simple comment. I always do when I read someone's blog. I think that is common courtesy. Have a great day! Blessings from Bama!

There are two 4 ounce grilled on the grill outside, chicken burgers under there.

My  breakfast with green tea. Three oatmeal pancakes with melted coconut oil, walnuts, and spinach.

The white rosebush I trimmed.

I love having these things at home to work out on!

The total gym is going to help me achieve my goal of doing pull-ups on this. The totatl gym was folded up where the guitar is. I never thought about using it before.

My new jump rope and interval timer.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jacky! I hope this post inspires others to do the same!

      Delete
  2. Good for you!! Exercise and healthy eating!!! Have a great spring! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting fit and being so committed to a healthy lifestyle, Felecia! You must feel amazing!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! Right now, I mostly feel sore! Blessings!

      Delete
  4. Hi Bama Girl! I LOVE that timer and jump rope! I wish I could jump...I miss it so! So. How about some before and after pictures of YOU??? Would love to see how you're doing! And, by-the-way? I always LINGER at your top picture...your view! I just try breathing in that fresh air and mountains! I've never seen such colors on trees! And it works so well with the chickens and garden in the forefront! Congrats on a new you! Hugs! Cheeryshirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cheeryshirley! I am going to do the before soon! The after will come much later, like six weeks. Thanks! The picture was taken in early fall. It even just as pretty now, with no leaves! Thank you! I love how I feel when I eat healthier and combine it with real workouts! Wished you could jump! I don't jump for long! But I jump longer now than I did when I first started! Thanks for stopping by! Blessings!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Leave one, if you wish.