Friday, April 28, 2017

April Showers Bring May Flowers

      Hey Ya'll! How's it going? I'm doing well. Can you believe it's almost May? Wow! Time sure does fly! Everything is about a month early here, as I'm sure it is where you live. Our season is quite different this year than it was the past two years. I am getting so much done in the garden. Last year it was a month later before I got the summer garden in. We are having temps in the seventies and mostly eighties. The humidity hasn't been as bad as it will get. Except today is more humid. I think storms may be coming in this weekend. Yesterday was the six year anniversary of those wicked tornadoes that came through Alabama, destroying everything and everyone in it's path! So April is a month for tornadic activity. Really, any month in Alabama is tornado weather. We have such variable weather!

      We got ducklings and goslings the first of April! They are so cute! They are still quite wild. The chicks have grown so much and come right to me! They are not wild like the goslings and ducklings. I've never raised goslings and ducklings. We just purchased them when they were grown. I'm thinking about getting the little swimming pool ready for them. The goslings are definitely big enough for it. Maybe tomorrow will be a good time to do that.

      We celebrated Easter with a family feast! We had ham, chicken and dressing, potato salad, and all kinds of side dishes and desserts! Not much leftovers this time! Then Randy hid eggs for the girls to find. They had a blast! The girls and Gavyn are getting so big! They are so cute, too! I think I have some pictures to share below. Well, just wanted to say hello to ya'll! Have a nice day! Blessings from Bama!
    

Blue Springs State Park, in Alabama.

Way down South where the moss grows on the trees. I think it is lovely!

Yasmine and Lulu growing up!

The ducklings and goslings were so small!

I love this setting I've discovered on my camera!

Cabbage, onions, garlic, and broccoli.

I love this iris!

Baby grapes!

Climbing for some greens!

Chilling out at Blue Springs campground.

Do you know what these are? They are crawdad holes!

Although we were still hours from the beach, this part of Alabama is sandy.

6 comments:

  1. Hi! Looks like you are enjoying lovely weather. The little ducklings and goslings are so cute when they are small! Have fun with your little girls this summer! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are wonderful. That iris is like none I've ever seen. Do you know it's name? I'd love to get my hand on some. Enjoy your Spring.
    Sandy in California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy! I'm sorry, I do not know the iris' name. Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Sandy Beach Resort: Although we were all inclusive we ate out every. ... BEST PART OF HOLIDAY WAS BOAT TRIP TO PAXOS AND ANTI PAXOS PLEASE ... its like a pool and you stop and swim for 1 hour (you can stay sat on boat ovcorse), .... They did and this was is block R which was OK much better room but still no ...
    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy! So sorry! I just saw this comment! I haven't been on here in a long time! Thanks, we are having a blast! I hope all is well with you! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi BamaGirl!!! I was wondering how you've been! I lost your information and just now found your blog (couldn't remember the name). How are you??? Everyone OK? I even lost your phone number and e-mail! I've been wanting to call you and see if you've been adversely affected by this horrid virus!
    I finally remembered the snake in your henhouse and googled it that way and came up with your blog name again! Whew!
    Anyway, I hope you see this as it looks to be very old. So sorry I lost contact!
    Love you, Cheeryshirley

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Leave one, if you wish.