Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Just some fun things I've been working on lately!


I hope to finish this C soon! It's going to be paper macheed!
      I can hardly believe we're almost at the end of July! Time flies when we're having fun! I hope ya'll are having a fun summer, wherever you live! I really enjoy browsing the web for creative ideas for the girls. I have come across ideas to make shirts for them with their initial and a dolphin. The shirts are a neon green purchased for $1 each at Dollar Tree! I am so hooked on their dollar shirts! Better get them as soon as you see them cause they might not have your color or size next time you go! I had the hubs draw a dolphin and I used it to make a stencil on freezer paper. I traced over some monogram letters for the initials. I have never done this before, so I messed up on two of the shirts. The last one I did was the best. I went over the first two and made them better, but you can still see the runs. There are photos below you can see. I don't know what's up with the uploading of photos! They're all over the place! And it wouldn't let me upload the shirt pics! What?

There's that serious look again!

Good morning girls!

Riley sitting in her chair, eating her man's foot.

She didn't sit there long!

They are both, so adorable!

Win's adorable too!

Meet Paisley, another great-niece from the hubs side of the family!

A delicious healthy wrap and green juice!
 

      The garden, well I should just call it a jungle! It is SO overgrown with weeds! And there are mosquitoes and little biting bugs that cause me not to want to do a thing out there! So annoying! The rain has been abundant here this summer, thus all the weeds! I did pull some cucumbers, since that bed is not as bad. I even got chiggers a few weeks ago! Not sure where those came from, could have been the grass before it got mowed! Oh well, every summer has it's unique complications! I learn from them each year, and implement what I learn the following year. The raised beds might not have such weeds if I hadn't used dirt from the woods. Next year I'll put down weed barrier of some sort: leaves, mulch, or whatever! The card board is helping between the beds, but I need to apply more. My garden is a work in progress that will never be complete, I don't think!

      I hope to have more craft projects to share with ya'll soon! I'm really enjoying crafting now since I can't really garden! How is your garden growing? Has it been rainy or dry where you live? I appreciate you reading and commenting on this blog! Hope you all have a nice week! Blessings from Bama!

Grilled chicken and zucchini boats on the charcoal grill. Ran added some wood to the fire and made it smoky; a little too much smoke tasting for me.









8 comments:

  1. Those zucchini boats look really good! My husband does that too - adds these flavored pellet chip things to the grill. From his smoker I think? Not sure, I just cook it he does that. I LOVE crafting! As you know - can't wait to see the C when it is finished. When I went to Junk Bonanza in MN this spring - monogram letters were the BIG thing! Blessings from Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacky, they were delicious, just too smoky! I love monogram letters and word art! I can't wait to finish it! That's my problem, I start so many things, I don't know which to finish first! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are really enjoying all your little ones! Good luck on your crafting! Been really dry here! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! Yes, we have! Would love to send you some rain!

      Delete
  3. Hi Bama Girl! Love that picture of Randy and the little one (serious)! Such sweet and earnest faces! Lots of love going on at your home! :) I guess you HAVE been getting some rain! Sorry about the "critters" keeping you inside! Never seen a chigger! Are they visible? Do they have a bad bite? Yikes! How have your goats handled the chiggers...and Rubi? Or, do they bite animals?

    Still been canning? What is the "C" for? That looks great...and balanced! Must have been some work, eh? Love you tons! Cheeryshirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, she does have some serious looks at times! Lots of rain, and thunder too! Chiggers are so annoying because they itch so bad! And they seem to spread! Kind of like poison ivy! I've got that too! It even hurts a little! I'm not sure if the animals get them or not. They seem to be O.K.

      Since my garden hasn't produced anything, I don't have anything to can. That doesn't mean I won't go to the farmers market or somewhere to buy some. It's just discouraging when the garden doesn't do well! Even the fruit is rotting on the vine! Our last name starts with 'C'. Thanks for stopping in Shirley, good to hear from you again! Love you too!

      Delete
  4. My garden is a jungle too. We are actually getting cucumbers this year though. Normally by now they would be dried up and dead. The bugs killed my squash though and a deer ate all the tops off the tomatoes. They grew back but are just now blooming. I didn't plant much else. There is still a pumpkin plant out there and some basil for pesto :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you are getting some cucumbers! I did actually pick a few yesterday. I just get out of there as quick as I can to hopefully avoid chiggers and those biting nats! Deer are a blessing and a curse! I just made some delicious spaghetti using deer meat seasoned like Italian sausage! Maybe our gardens will do better next year! And maybe you'll have a new one to tell us about! Thanks for stopping in Becky! Nice to hear from you!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Leave one, if you wish.