Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Continuing My Day


I chose this workout to do today: I really worked up a sweat but now I'm cooling down and feel energized! For lunch I'm having leftover country fried steak and mashed potatoes with steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. I am heating the leftovers in my small oven because I want to get out of the habit of using our microwave.It's not easy teaching an old dog new tricks but I learning! I'm also putting my water to boil on the stove for UNSWEETENED TEA, instead of in the microwave.


















      Since this is a blog about my homestead, I would like to share some photos of my girls: the girl in front is our silkie. She lays small beige eggs. You see Lucy, Goosey, and Elvis the Muscovey, in the background.











Blackie, the Maran and Henny, the Rhode Island Red are shown in this photo. We are letting them free-range in our garden spot until we plant.












The picture is kind of dark but I think you can still see her.










Her are Blackie, Penny and Baby Chicken's eggs. Ms. Henny hasn't started laying yet. The chickens are getting older so I would like to acquire some pullets this year. We want to enlarge the hen house and extend the chicken yard. Hopefully, we'll get to do this soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Leave one, if you wish.