Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pictures

I've been trying to figure out how to insert pics onto my previous posts but I couldn't seem to figure it out. I wanted to show you what my husband gave me for Valentine's Day and pics of our dinner. There are other pics as well so I'll just insert them here.




Have you ever eaten a banana sandwich? I love mine with mayonaise and peanut butter! You can tell I'm a girl raised in the south since I love this concoction! Some girls raised in the south do not prefer this, such as my sister.  I just gobbled my down and then I drank a glass of kefir water straight. Some people do not prefer the fermented taste but it tastes delicious to me.

Milk and water kefir pics in the fermentation process: Milk kefir grains:






I wanted to share with you how I jump-started my weight loss and healthier eating habits last year. After looking at some of these pics you probably wonder about me eating healthy but I do try to, thus the kefir. I purchased an exercise video by Jackie Warner that I absolutely love and it had a short guide on what she believes is healthy eating. I started following the guide and eventually bought her book Why you're Fat... The book really opened my eyes about sugar consumption and I finally gave up my sweet tea. Sweet Tea!!!! I grew up on that stuff!! I thought I'd never give it up!! It was my addiction but I gave it up and started noticing a difference in my body weight. I was also incorporating her plan of eating healthier and exercising on a regular basis, 3-4 times a week. I love to exercise and have done so most of my life. I can really tell a difference when I don't.  I don't weigh myself, I just go by my pant size. If they start getting loose, I know what I'm doing is working. It worked, and I am now down from a 14 to a 10! I'm so excited! I just want to maintain at this point and not go up. I don't give Jackie all the credit though, because I know that God gave me the will power to accomplish this task and He is still enabling me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Leave one, if you wish.