Monday, March 21, 2011

Can you believe it's finally Spring?

      And my, how warm its been lately! Temperatures have been in the lower eighties and right now it is seventy-five outside and very windy. Soon spring will be gone and it will be hot summer. I could barely stand the heat last year because for about three months, the temp hovered around one-hundred every day! I hope it will not be that hot this summer!
      We had a very busy weekend, but we did take time out to go to one of our favorite restaurants, Canyon Grill. It is rated one of the top ten restaurants in Georgia and boy is it good! If you haven't tried it, on your next special occasion, call them up and make a reservation. You'll be glad you did.
      One of the things I did was to learn a new skill. I actually used a skill and a jigsaw! It's not my favorite thing to do, but I can do it when hubby is around to guide me. We decided to build raised beds and I thought I could do that, since my husband makes everything look so easy. I can do it but at a very slow pace.  I might not even get finished if I have to use the jigsaw because it is slow go. I enjoy trying new things, even if I never master them. At least I know if it is for me or not.
      I have pictures but the camera is still not showing them up on the screen. I'm taking chances with the ones I show you. Hope they turn out!
Canyon Grill close to Cloudland Canyon  State Park

Bread, butter and what's left of an appetizer1

Slash and burn catfish, so delicious!

The best grilled swordfish I've ever eaten!

Grilled filet mignon and garlic mashed potatoes.

Swordfish and salad with sugared pecans and blue cheese.

Coconut cake.

Me and my man.

Key lime pie.

Does not like his picture taken!

Big Full moon above our house.

Me using jigsaw.


Can't see him but Jack is in his lap.

Hubby using skillsaw.

Me using the skillsaw for the raised bed.

And this is what we made, along with some of the raised bed parts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Leave one, if you wish.