Monday, December 17, 2012

While I was celebrating my birthday....

      Innocent people were being killed! Even at my son's own school the day before, a child (he is 18) was arrested and charged with terrorists threats. Well, he actually went and turned himself in; they didn't come to the school. He had written a note stating something bad was going to happen and that people would be killed! My son said the boy always said stuff like that and wouldn't actually do anything since he was small and had no weapons, but still! There are so many people with serious mental problems! They need help! The child has ruined his life! I was so concerned for my son and his small rural school, then the next day that happened in Connecticut! What is going on? I'm sure everyone is asking this question! My prayers are, and have been going out for these people today! My prayers are also with the families of victims in my home state, one county over, who've lost their lives to idiots! I guess I could make this whole post about killings and murders, but I've read too much about that, and I'm sure you have too!

      In spite of the awful events around here and elsewhere, we had a very nice family gathering with my husbands family yesterday. Lots of good food, family, and kids opening presents! It comes and goes so quickly! 

      I had a wonderful time Friday, visiting with a friend! We talked and walked through the house and yard for hours! I even forgot to show her upstairs! I just want to tell her that friendship is more valuable than any possession! I'm so thankful for ours! And I'm thankful for my online friends, as well! Thanks for reading! Blessing from Bama! 

Celebrating Aunt FeFe's birthday at her favorite meat-n-three!

Do you think he looks like his Mom?

More family time!

My German Chocolate bundt cake turned out pretty good! I especially like the icing!

I felt a cold coming on Saturday, so I got to cooking some spicy food! Unfortunately, the large jar broke in the freezer. Guess I didn't let it cool enough first. This soup is very spicy and delicious! I also made a spicy Soba noodle salad, not pictured. Oh, and the pumpkins in the background were too stringy to do anything with. If I save the seeds, do you think the pumpkins grown from them will be stringy?

Great-grandchildren, one not there, and one is not related. (holding baby)

Grandchildren, two not there. See Skylar?

6 comments:

  1. Well, looks like you had some nice family time. I know what you mean about the shootings, it is even hard to say Merry Christmas....with all of that sadness. Yes, your husband looks like him mom. Blessings from Wisconsin....where I wonder about video game violence, gaming too much and Ritalin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we did Jacky! He does look a lot like her, lol! I know what you mean about violence, gaming, and drugs!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I think he looks like his mother. Delicious looking cake. So senseless and sad about the shootings and the sad thngs that go on in this world. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really does, Nancy! Thank you, it is! Yes it is!

      Delete
  3. We did have such a great visit. Our interests are so similar - soul sisters! Thanks for the German Chocolate Bundt cake recipe. After seeing the picture of yours, I can hardly wait to make it for Scott's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leanne, Your friendship is very special to me! The cake turned out delicious! I actually almost needed a bigger pan! That will go on my wish list for next year!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Leave one, if you wish.