Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Night Fun at FeFe's!

      Yasmine and Layla are here to spend the night. They love spending time with Randy in his chair. I can't help but take many photos! The girls are growing and changing every time we see them! Tomorrow we go to Winterlynn's 5th birthday party! I can hardly believe the little bald headed baby is turning 5! Where have the years gone? She and Riley will be here tomorrow night so there will be photos of them later. I love when the girls are here! They are so much fun!

      I've been staying with my healthy eating plan and exercising. It wasn't easy this week as I was having hormone issues and a headache, but I trudged through and made it to today! I can actually feel my body changing! I think my waist is a little smaller! I guess I should do some measuring and weighing. I will do that soon. My eating isn't a whole lot different than before; I just have incorporated more protein and less carbs. I really love carbs and still eat them, just not all the time. There is such a thing as balance, which I believe strongly in. I just got out of balance. It's quite easy to do. But with the blogs and websites I've saved, I have something to access when I get out of balance. I didn't realize how much sugar I was consuming! That is a big cause for weight gain. Sugar consumption will also make it hard for one to lose weight. I still consume sugar, just not that much. I guess I'll always eat sugar in some form, cause I don't care for the artificial sweeteners. But I don't eat dessert every day. 


      I love looking at recipes! I have so many binders full of them. Today, I've been going through and pulling out ones I haven't made. Plus discarding ones that I don't think I'll ever make. Most of the recipes I have are healthy, but I've been finding more that include more vegetables. An example of that would be the Minestrone soup I made last week. I just used Orzo pasta, and dried basil instead of fresh. Here is a link to the recipe: http://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/02/10/minestrone-soup/ I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! 

      I just don't care for all whole wheat products. All whole wheat consumption is just not for me. At least not every wheat product I eat doesn't have to be whole wheat or whole grains and seeds. I purchased a loaf of organic whole grain bread and I just don't care for the taste of it. I read somewhere that the best bread is the one that has the least amount of ingredients. I was so glad I read that cause I love the bread I make in the Dutch oven. It's just flour, water, yeast, and salt. Doesn't get much simpler than this! Plus, the wheat I use is chemical and bleach free, so that makes it even better.  

      The weather has turned back to rain and cold again! I knew the Spring-like weather wouldn't last but it sure was nice! Who knows? We may have some more pretty weather next week! I hope ya'll are staying cozy and warm! Let me know what you are doing to live a more healthy life. Thanks for reading! Blessings from Bama!

Malcolm went to live with some new ladies! Now his brother needs to find some.

More simple ingredients in the form of English muffins. Delicious with eggs, cheese, and ham!
Getting a little Uncle Randy Love!
A smoothie in the making.
I made this picture with my phone and am figuring out how to download them here.
I discovered that I love kiwis!
My simple bread.
More deliciousness!

See?  

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend - with the girls and a birthday party. Did you make her something....was that what the wings were for? Your food looks good! I love carbs too! I could and have just made popcorn for supper. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacky! No I didn't make her anything. The angel wings were just something I was playing around with for Christmas next year. Thank you! Oh yes, I love popcorn! Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Love this post! The food looks divine. Happy New Year!
    Blessings,
    Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna! Thank you! Happy New Year to you too! Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Your English Muffins always look so good! Sounds like you've had a good week! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Thank you! We did! Now on recovery from the weekend, lol! Blessings!

      Delete
  4. Looks like the girls had a fun visit! Congrats on sticking to your eating plan! I can relate to it not always being easy! And I know what you mean about those darn hormones, too! Like you said, it's all about balance and moderation. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna! Thank you! It's actually getting a little easier to stick with this plan! I'm enjoying eating more protein! It makes me fuller longer. Blessings!

      Delete
  5. You have so much fun with those darling little girls. Good for you sticking to your healthy way of life. Some of mine is healthy and some not. Thanks for the minestrone soup recipe. I copied it! Have a good week! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! Thank you! You're welcome for the recipe! I hope it turns out good for you! Blessings!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Leave one, if you wish.