Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Update on my Dad and another snake!

      Thank ya'll so much for your nice comments and prayers concerning my Dad! He did great through the surgery and is now in ICU. I am in between visiting hours so I wanted to give ya'll this news. He looked so pitiful lying there with countless wires and bags hanging everywhere! He has a nurse by his side during this time, of which I am so grateful! God is so good! He has heard and answered our prayers! Thank you all so much for your concern! It's nice to come home from such an ordeal and read what you've written!


      I went out to gather the eggs, and yep, you guessed it, another snake! It was smaller and brown, where the other one was black. I thought it might be a copperhead, but upon further examination, I think it's just another chicken snake.  I made more of a fuss the other day when I saw a tomato horn worm! I don't know why, but those tomato horn worms freak me out! I can hardly stand to see them devour my tomato plants! And they really put up a fight when you're trying to get them off! The chickens sure did like it when I gave it to them!


      Sorry I don't have much time to view ya'lls blogs and leave comments at this time! I really miss reading them, and hope to get to again soon! I will blog when I can and share updates with you! Thank you so much for being here, since you can't be there! I'll leave you with some photos of the garden. Blessings from Bama!




Such a lovely rose!


I was so thankful to discover that I still had some of these double day lilies!

I like this yellow one too!


Another sunflower!


I absolutely love these day lilies!

These really showed off last week!

Another shot of this beautiful rose!

The dirt finally got spread and now hubs is putting out some parts to the pool. We have more up than this, now.

Aren't these raspberries beautiful? They sure were delicious!

What kind of snake is this? It has a white spot on its head.

I don't think it's poisonous. Is it?





























4 comments:

  1. So glad that your dad's surgery went well! Recovery is never fun but it does mean you are recovering.
    Looks like another chicken snake to me although I suppose it could be a pine snake. The white spot on the head looks like missing scales to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! Yes, it was another chicken snake! The hubs got it, though!

      Delete
  2. Glad that your Dad is doing well. Your flowers are so pretty! The snake is sure scarey looking. I think all snakes scarey! lol Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! Me too! I'm glad that you don't have to deal with snakes!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Leave one, if you wish.