Friday, March 18, 2011

Are You watching Joyce this week?

      She is teaching on five ways to avoid temptation. One thing she said that stood out to me is that not only does the devil tempt us when we are week, but he also tempts us when we are strong. I never thought about it like that, but she gave several examples, and I realized she was right. We should never come to the place where we think that we have overcome in an area and that it is no longer a problem for us. That will be the moment that satan steps in and before you know it, you are in a situation. Always stay on guard because the devil is going about, seeking whom he may devour! She also said that not only are we tempted to do wrong, but we are also tempted to do right. Of course we know who tempts us to do wrong, but did you know that God tempts us to do right? Now I know that the Bible says that God does not tempt us, but that we are led away by our own sins. I'm not talking about sin, I'm talking about doing right. Joyce gave an example of how she bought two or three of the same kind of watches, and one day she had one on and a lady commented on how nice it was. She felt like God wanted her to give the watch to her, but she resisted that temptation to do good. Do you see what I mean? She felt bad afterward because she knew that she had disobeyed the Holy Spirit. But the next time she was tempted to give something away, she acted on it immediately and enjoyed peace!
      I didn't post yesterday because I had problems with my camera. It doesn't show up a picture on the screen, so I thought it didn't make. I can look through the tiny viewer and focus and take a picture that way. I'm putting some pics on here and I hope they look right. I hope when my camera dries out, it will operate better.
This is the spot where I planted Yukon Gold potatoes.

You can't see them, but I planted Jewel and Fall Gold raspberries. They were marked half price and didn't look very well. Will they make it? The weeds and grass that I dig up go into the buckets. One bucket has horse manure used  in the planting holes.

Wow! These tomato, eggplant, peppers, and herbs have really grown! The ones on the front are tomato and eggplants.

My first year for tulips and aren't the daffodils pretty!I think my camera is working pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Leave one, if you wish.